Use this Teacher’s Guide to prepare for the ‘Bats and Beyond’ EFT.
Some important pointers:
- the EFT will include content focused on bats, ecosystems, scientific inquiry, wildlife science careers, climate change, conservation, DNA sequencing, and scientists’ research with bats in the Bahamas
- consider introducing your students to these concepts before and after the EFT with some of the suggestions from our Teacher’s Guide
- the content is intended to support middle and high school science standards, but if you have younger students and believe the content is still of interest – we are happy to work with everyone!
- use the URL in the Teacher’s Guide to connect with us – make sure your school allows you to connect with our UStream.TV website for the live video
- there will be a text box by the video screen where students can submit questions to our scientists – we try to get to several questions at different breaks in the program
The Bats and Beyond EFT will stream live on November 15 at 2pm and 4pm Eastern.
We will post the recordings of the program at a later date. Please contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org